At Kalish Wellness, we take a whole-body approach to health and healing. Through lab-based assessments, we work with each patient to restore internal balance through customized nutritional supplement programs, diet and lifestyle counseling and hormone balancing programs. Because each of us has a unique and individualized internal and biochemical makeup, we customize our treatment plans based on your unique health history and lab results.
The Kalish Wellness philosophy involves balancing the three body systems: Your digestive system, which breaks down food for use by the body, your hormonal system, which produces your sex and stress hormones, and your detoxification system, which protects you from free radicals and chemical toxicity, both from your environment and from your diet. When symptoms arise, they are a signal of an imbalance in the system; Every health issue can be traced back to a problem within one or more of your three body systems.
Through targeted lab testing for each of these systems, Dan Kalish will assess how each system is working, and design an individualized program to rebalance your body.
With an individualized plan that includes a scientifically-based supplement program, diet, stress reduction and exercise, a person’s health can improve dramatically – not only physically, but emotionally. With an ongoing wellness plan, many health problems can also be avoided, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and female hormone imbalances.
How we work
The Kalish Wellness Center works with clients primarily over the phone; The health programs we design are based on the results of lab tests that can easily be done in your home. The types of tests that are used are stool, saliva, or urine and blood samples. The health programs designed by Dan Kalish are based on lab tests that assess the function of the three body systems: hormones, digestion and detoxification.
During your initial phone consultation, our Board Certified Health Coach will review your personal and family health history, and make recommendations for lab tests that are appropriate for your specific health issues.
Once your lab work has been completed, Daniel Kalish will explain the meaning of your test results in a follow up consultation. He will also create an individualized health program for you which will include one or more of the following: diet changes, nutritional supplements, exercise, lifestyle and stress management recommendations. Subsequent consultations are scheduled to monitor your progress and to modify your program.
Overview of Lab Assessments Offered:
The list below includes some, but not all lab tests available through Kalish Wellness.
- Functional Genomic Analysis
- Comprehensive Metabolic Analysis
- Complete Nutrient Evaluation including Amino Acids, Fatty Acids, Vitamins, Minerals
- Detoxification System Testing including heavy metals, chemicals and detoxification pathways
- Neurotransmitter Evaluation for both stress-related brain issues and extensive neuroinflammatory analysis measuring metabolites for serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine as well as glutamate system
- Carbohydrate Metabolism testing combined with Fat Burning and Vitamin Analysis
- Complete Immune including key immune nutrients: Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, cytokine analysis through testing kynurenate pathway
- Functional Genomics and Metabolomics that test HPA Axis through Adrenal Stress Test, GI Microbiome analysis with GI MAP and a comprehensive immune, metabolic and genomic analysis with the ION Panel. These are also used to deliver comprehensive personalized nutrition programs.
- Chemical Toxicity Exposure measuring Phase 1 and Phase 2 liver detox capacity, xylene and ammonia clearance, glutathione levels and more
- Screening for Amino Acid Disorders that lead to fatigue, weight gain and poor physical repair and growth
- HPA Axis Test analyzing the stress response and mucosal immunity through cortisol and DHEA and Secretory IgA testing
- Complete GI Microbiome analysis including measurement through DNA analysis (PCR) of key commensal or healthy bacteria levels combined with looking at GI pathogens, dysbiosis, yeast or candida overgrowth as well as pancreatic enzyme output, gallbladder function, GI tissue inflammation and GI immune tract health, leaky gut analysis included
- ION Panel also includes cardiovascular markers such as homocysteine, arginine, Omega 3 essential fatty acids, antioxidant assessment includes CoQ10, Vitamin E, Vitamin A Beta carotene, and the best researched oxidative stress markers including 8 OH DG as well
- Fatty Acid/Lipid Analysis looking at omega 3 and omega 6 and 9 fats including measurements of your EPA, DHA, GLA and saturated fats. Also analyzes lipid peroxides a direct measure of damage to lipids in the body as well as homocysteine which reflects inflammation that can lead to heart disease
- Complete Metabolic Assessment for mitochondrial health, fat and energy burning, B vitamins, lipoic acid, magnesium levels with a look at fat and carb burning as well as key energy production pathways
- Mineral Assessment for calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper potassium and selenium levels.
- Toxic Metal Assessment includes lead, mercury, arsenic, cadmium, aluminium testing
- Amino Acid Levels reveal ability to heal and repair tissues through protein production all 20 amino acids tested.
- Bone Health Labs: Analyze the rate and extent of bone degradation or breakdown leading to bone loss as well as soft tissue health by measuring key building blocks of collagen that, when absent, can lead to muscle weakness, poor response to exercise in terms of lack of muscle building as well as prone to exercise recovery problems or physical injury.